[Release] lighty.io 17
Ready for an upgrade?
Even though nights are getting longer, our experts ain’t getting any sleepier — let us introduce you to the newest release of lighty.io — 17!
PANTHEON.tech has been one of the largest contributors to the OpenDaylight code for several years — hence we were eager to implement the latest changes from the Chlorine SR2 release.
Come have a look at what we have achieved and how we have been doing since the launch of the previous version.
Starting with the latest and greatest news — two of our lighty.io apps:
have been officially certified as Certified CNFs, issued by the Cloud-Native Computing Foundation.
Every major release deserves some new features to go along with it. lighty.io 17 is not far behind and introduces a couple of them:
- Keeping up with OpenDaylight Chlorine SR2 release
- Open-source the lighty-guice-app example → Our team has open-sourced a previously unavailable example, which allows lighty.io to work with the Google Guice framework, based on Java
- New lighty.io RNC app cluster GitHub workflow test → read more about clustering in the lighty.io RNC app here
- Add configuration for basic authorization to AAA → Our Authentication, Authorization & Accounting module has a new configuration for basic authorization
- Reusable workflow for lighty.io App test jobs
- Replace reload4j with log4j2
Improvements & Security Fixes
Among the new features are improvements and security fixes, which our team was working on to make the lighty.io experience better, faster and safer for everyone to use:
- Replaced javax with jakarta
- Changed ODL compatibility release in documentation
- Fix reported CVE-2020–36518 & CVE-2022–2048 issues
- Fixed the vulnerabilities reported from previous version
Read more about improvements and security fixes here.
Learn about other lighty.io tools below
We have already mentioned the 2 of our apps above (lighty.io RESTCONF-NETCONF App & lighty.io gNMI App). But that’s not the end! Let us introduce you to some more apps:
lighty.io YANG Validator
By using the lighty.io framework, our customers are able to create, validate and visualize the YANG data models of their application.
lighty.io NETCONF Simulator
Need to simulate hundreds of NETCONF devices for development purposes? Look no further! With lighty.io NETCONF Simulator based on lighty.io 17 core, you are able to simulate any NETCONF device and test its compatibility with your use-case.
[Release] And generally speaking of releases, there has been a new version of lighty.io NETCONF Simulator 17 released too! Click here for all the delivered changes.
by lighty.io Team | Leave us your feedback on this post!
Explore our PANTHEON.tech GitHub.
Watch our YouTube Channel.